Snowfall & Trail Conditions
Snowfall & Trails Report: March 30, 2022
> Today: Snow 2.1” High 37° F Low 28° F
> Tomorrow: AM Snow/ Wind High 32° F Low 22° F
> Friday: Partly Cloudy High 39° F Low 31° F
> Saturday: Mostly Cloudy High 41° F Low 31° F
> Sunday: Mostly Cloudy High 38° F Low 28° F
Snowmobile Trail Conditions
The Keweenaw Snowmobile Club would like to thank everyone for an awesome season!
Grooming operations for the remainder of the season have ended. Trails are open through March 31st when gates on trails crossing private
property will be locked. Riding after March 31st is only allowed on the trails running on state owned land. Within the KSC trail system that includes
Trail 17 from Calumet to Hancock and Trail 3 from Houghton to Toivola. Ride at your own risk as trails will not be maintained. We would like to
thank all riders, sponsors and club members for a great season!
For real-time trail grooming updates, download the Groomer Tracker App! Sign up for the Keweenaw trail system with a portion of the fees
shared to support our local trail grooming club!
Snowmobile Trail Closures
• Trail 124 is closed for the remainder of the season due to logging.
• Trail 122 is closed due to high water.
• Trail 120/121 Freda Loop and Trail 3 from Dollar Bay to Lake Linden will be closed for the season due to the extensive damage from the
2018 flood. The trail from Hancock to Dollar Bay and from Calumet to Lake Linden will be open so both towns will be accessible.
Cross Country Skiing & Fat Tire Trails
• Michigan Tech – Set the race course for the last citizen night series race tonight (6pm). Dragged skate lanes for all other trails. Tolkien
and river trail were not groomed as the snow pack is extremely hard and it fairly good shape from yesterday's groom. (3/29/22)
• Swedetown – We will suspending grooming today because of current weather conditions. Depending on snow fall later today into
tomorrow, grooming should resume later tonight or tomorrow morning. (3/30/22)
• Swedetown Snow Bike – The small storm from Friday has groomed up nicely. Expecting firm conditions this week but watch those
summer temps creeping in later this week. (3/12/22)
• Calumet Dam Trails - It's crust season. Did wash out a few times when cornering in areas of snow on top of crust. The trail around the
Lake didn't ride as well, crust might have been broken up by boot and snowshoe traffic. Groomer is still in the shop. (2/26/2022)
• Chassell – Because of our spring conditions, grooming has been suspended for the rest of the ski season on the lower trail. Unless it cools
off and snows, grooming of the upper trail has also been completed for this season.. Thanks for all your support this winter. (3/15/22)
• Chassell Snowshoe – All trails are cleared of debris and low hanging branches from the ice event. This includes the new Pink Trail that is
opened on a trial basis on and near the western hayfields. This will likely be the last good week for snowshoeing. And please, no boot
hiking on the trails. (3/8/22)
• Boundary Road Trails – We got out on the trails this morning to groom in the modest amount of fresh snow we got over the past few
days. Trails looked the best they have this year and all machines preformed as designed (3/13/22)
• Churning Rapids Snow Bike – Most of the trails were groomed Thursday night. (3/25/22)
• Maasto Hiihto/Churning Rapids – All trails cleared of fallen trees, dragged, and tracked. (3/26/22)
• Copper Harbor – Copper Harbor trails are open but grooming is suspended due to the thaw. (3/16/22)
• End of the Road Trails – Groomed, working on flattening trail from drifting. (2/19/22)
• Eagle Harbor Township Trails – Spring conditions. No grooming has taken place. (3/18/22)
• Keweenaw Mountain Lodge (Copper Harbor) – All trails were groomed flat but not rolled first. (3/25/22)
• Twin Lakes State Park – Grooming will resume after the current storm. (3/30/22)
• McLain State Park – Done grooming for the season. (3/30/22)
• Mont Ripley – One more bonus day April 2 from 10-5PM (3/29/22)
• Mount Bohemia – Possible storm Wed. – Thurs. Mount Bohemia will be open every day thru March 27 and then weekends in April.
ATV ESCORT TIMES
Officers provide ATV escorts seven days a week, provided they are available, at the following times:
ATV’s and side-by-sides only. Sorry, no jeeps, pickups, full-size vehicles, converted 4X4s or dirt bikes. Minimum of 2 machines to be escorted.