The Keweenaw Chamber of Commerce offers a Leadership Keweenaw Program. The program, which offers participants an opportunity to gain valuable leadership skills and networking opportunities, will begin in January and run through June.
Enrollees accepted into the program will participate in six full-day sessions. Each session will feature topic experts and interactive activities reinforcing key leadership skills in the areas of finance, communication & culture, strategic planning, emotional intelligence, community engagement, and human resources.
2022 Program Schedule - CANCELED
January 20 - Emotional Intelligence
February 17 - Communication + Culture
March 17 - Strategic Planning
April 21 - Finance
May 19 - Human Resources
June 9 - Community Engagement + Graduation
Leadership Skill and Character Trait Development
Each month, Leadership Keweenaw participants build skills through interactive sessions.
Leadership Keweenaw participants hear from local experts on topics pertinent to the community.
Participants have many opportunities to network with other participants and community leaders that are involved with the program.
After completing the Leadership Keweenaw program, participants will be able to:
- Appraise their leadership capabilities to focus on strength, skills, and expertise.
- Apply the Leadership concepts and practices at their workplace and/or in the community.
- Gain a broad understanding of the different business organizations and the cultural differences.
- Prepare to step into a leadership role within the community or with your employer.
- Commit to lifelong learning and professional development.