Word on the Street, the U.P.’s most-read independent news publication, is looking for an energetic and highly-motivated Account Executive to join our team in Marquette, Michigan. The ideal candidate possesses exceptional sales and interpersonal skills, excels at developing and maintaining client relationships, and is willing to travel throughout Marquette County to meet in person with clients.
- Building clientele through phone calls, email, in-person meetings, and social media
- Responding to phone and web leads
- Effectively communicating the value of our ad product to prospects
- Successfully negotiating ad sales
- Suggesting applicable and relevant ad upsells
- Maintain regular contact with clients and prospects
- Regular communication with Publisher
- Other duties as necessary
COMPENSATION Word on the Street will provide the right candidate with the opportunity for significant earning potential through a generous commission structure designed to meet either a part-time or full-time commitment.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Sales and customer service experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Working knowledge using a computer, required
- A computer with a high-speed internet connection, required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Ability to travel within Marquette County
NO PHONE CALLS or WALK-INS PLEASE.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE COMPANY AT wotsmqt.com/about