Are you passionate about exploring how all platforms, channels, and technologies can be used to enhance and grow companies? Do you possess the ability to lead and mentor a team of students? If so, you might be a great fit for our company!
Innovate Marquette SmartZone is searching for a full-time Marketing Coordinator to join their team in Marquette, MI. As Marketing Coordinator, you will work with our team to implement overall marketing strategies through to completion within a provided budget.
This position reports to our Marketing Manager. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for the Marquette area, and is eager to help local innovators and entrepreneurs who make up the SmartZone and Invent@NMU customer base.
- Provide daily mentorship and support to a team of part-time NMU student employees to create marketing collateral for internal and external clients. This may include:
- Act as copywriter, editor-in-chief, and creator for both the SmartZone and Invent@NMU of content calendars, socials, websites, press releases, newsletters, and others as needed.
- Assist in development, management, storage/archival, and other organizational processes
- Meet with clients to perform marketing needs assessments.
- Utilize organizational tools to keep marketing team on track with budgets and timelines.
- Work with staff to plan and execute on comprehensive event strategies within set time limits and deadlines.
- Coordinate with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during event planning.
- Design and edit event promotional materials.
- Manage event set up, tear down, and follow-ups.
- Support other aspects of internal and external client marketing including tradeshow support, channel partner support, design, and layout.
- Provide feedback and periodic analytics reports to stakeholders including the Marketing Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION Innovate Marquette SmartZone puts great value in the Marketing Coordinator position by offering $37500 – $42500 / year depending on candidate knowledge and experience, as well as healthcare, life and disability insurance, and retirement benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field or 3-4+ years of related experience
- Strong recent working knowledge and expertise in the digital space, including social media & event management platforms (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Snapchat, etc.)
- Expertise in content development utilizing online graphics tools as well as the Adobe Creative Suite
- Impeccable writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think and perform analytically, logically, and strategically
- Well organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Knowledge in AP style writing
- Experience in the entrepreneurial, start-up, or incubator ecosystem
- Experience designing and/or implementing targeted SEO, SEM, or social campaigns
- Experience in photo and video editing in Adobe Creative Suite or other software packages
APPLY ONLINE at innovatemarquette.hirescore.com
ABOUT Innovate Marquette SmartZone: Innovate Marquette SmartZone is a non-profit organization whose mission is to create a world-class entrepreneurial ecosystem in Marquette, MI to support and promote inventors, innovators, entrepreneurs, and technology-enabled start-ups in our community. In addition, the organization manages the day-to-day operations of NMU’s Invent@NMU program, a unique product and small business accelerator that employs a team of NMU students to provide inventors, makers, and small business owners throughout the region to help launch their ideas into to the marketplace.
Learn More: InnovateMarquette.org