GS Engineering, a diverse, high tech company located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, seeks an experienced Electrical Engineer to join their team in Houghton, Michigan.
GS Engineering works with government and commercial clients to develop world-class electronics from avionics and vehicle data systems to consumer and OEM components. The Electrical Engineering Team covers a wide range of fundamental design tasks from circuit conception through software/firmware development and hardware integration.
The Electrical Engineer will have a strong impact on the design and quality of products and services as well as to grow our capabilities. Your creativity must lend itself to the needs of the customer by designing systems that help solve problems and develop a solid foundation.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $62,000 – $75,000 annually based on knowledge and experience in addition to a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, health savings account, 401K retirement plan, Employee Stock Ownership Program, cell phone allowance, tuition reimbursement, life and disability insurance, paid holidays and vacation days.
- Circuit development
- PLC development
- PCB layout and routing
- Reverse engineering
- Hardware debugging
- Systems integration
- FPGA Design (VHDL or Verilog)
- Software development (C/C++/C#)
- Interact with clients
- Deliver solutions, drawings and documents that ideally exceed customer expectations.
- Participate in Quality Management Systems and ITAR Compliance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering degree or work experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in this position.
- Minimum of 2 years’ working experience as an electrical engineer required.
- Experience with circuit development, hardware integration, and software or firmware development preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- To conform to U.S. Government regulations, candidates must be United States citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States and be able to obtain a security clearance from the Department of Defense upon hire.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
INTERESTED? Apply online at https://gsengineering.hirescore.com/job/electrical-engineer-2/
GS Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about us at gsengineering.com