UPPCO seeks an Accounts Payable Coordinator to join their team in Marquette, Michigan.
This position ensures proper general ledger and project coding of invoices including GL account, classification of fixed assets and prepaid expenses, and classification of non-employee compensation. Strong candidates for this position have excellent organizational and time management skills, can work independently and with a team, and handle multiple tasks with keen attention to detail. The position reports to the Manager of Treasury Services.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. This position offers a competitive wage, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to a comprehensive benefit package.
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Process check requests.
- Audit and process credit card statements.
- 1099 maintenance.
- Respond to vendor payment inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements; research and correct discrepancies.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist in the month-end close.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS AN UPPCO ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance or directly related field.
- 2 years of relevant accounts payable/accounting experience.
- Experience working with computerized accounting systems, required.
- SAP experience, a bonus.
- Proficiency with standard business software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills; solid analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
INTERESTED? Applications being accepted online at uppco.hirescore.com
ABOUT US. UPPCO is a private, regulated electric utility delivering safe, reliable energy to nearly 54,000 customers in 10 counties of Michigan’s pristine Upper Peninsula. Learn more at uppco.com.