To be a community leader, you must know your community inside and out. To be a great salesperson, you must know your territory. To effectively network, you must meet new clients with whom to network. To effectively lobby, you must know your leaders and the process. These are the attributes of a great community leader.
Leadership Keweenaw is the ideal program for preparing our leaders of tomorrow. The Leadership Program will provide you with a detailed understanding of the inner workings of the various public and private elements that make our segment of the Upper Peninsula truly unique.
After completing the Leadership Keweenaw program, participants will be able to:
- Appraise their leadership capabilities to focus on strengths, skills, and expertise.
- Apply the leadership concepts and practices at their workplace and/or in the community.
- Gain a broad understanding of the different business organizations and the cultural differences.
- Compare and contrast profit and not-for-profit entities and the unique characteristics of each.
- Prepare to step into a leadership role within the community or at employer.
- Commit to lifelong learning and professional development.